Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday is Fashion Day for Alice

I don't normally post on Saturdays, but due to the buzz surrounding Disney's D23 Expo, there has been a flurry of news lately.

First some fun Alice in Wonderland inspired art. We have here a re-enactment of when the croquet invitation is handed to the Duchess' Frog Footman by the Queen's Fish Footman.



A very nicely done baby room. Check out the murals. I especially like the Cheshire Cat in the upper left corner. June's Room.

Designed Whitney Eve says they are AiW inspired fashions but I just don't see it. Maybe somebody can tell me what exactly screams Wonderland here?

According to the Kerrang! website, Ville Valo, frontman for the band HIM, is penning a track for the Alice in Wonderland soundtrack. How exciting! I hadn't even thought about soundtracks yet (except Danny Elfman.)

The LA Times has more news and information from Disney's D23 Expo. Apparently, Burton corrected Disney exec Cook on two points and the Times is being all "Ooo. Snap!" about it. How dreadful.

There is more news no doubt, but I am late for a very important date.

Previously: The Cheshire Cat!

* * *

No comments: